Nature vs. Science in Skin Care
Every magazine wants to tell you the latest and greatest on how to make your skin look its best. What advice can you trust? Get it straight with Dr. Robin Miller:
* What ingredients should I look for?
* Do those unconventional remedies work?
* What about the products sold at my local drugstore or supermarket?
Should I do my own Body Piercing?
It's tempting to do your own body piercing, but is it smart? Dr. Robin Miller will give you the facts on this tempting topic.
* What are the risks of doing my own piercing?
* What rules should be followed to avoid infection?
* What is the best way to keep a new piercing clean?
Just about everyone has heard something about Attention Deficit Disorder or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, but do you really know the facts? In this episode, Dr. Robin Miller will tell you all about the symptoms and available treatments.
* How many people have ADD or ADHD and what are the symptoms?
* Is there anything besides medicine that can help?
* How do the medicines work?
Teens today live in an increasingly competitive environment, which can sometimes lead to stress and anxiety. In this episode, Dr. Robin Miller talks about how to deal with competition:
* Stress-related symptoms
* Strategies used by real athletes to excel
* Techniques to keep yourself at the top of your game
Sleep Problems for Teens
Ever had trouble falling asleep or not feeling rested when you wake up? More and more teens are starting to experience sleep problems. Dr. Robin Miller will tell you what they're all about:
* Why do we need sleep?
* The amount of sleep needed for teens
* Common sleep issues and their causes
* Tips for overcoming sleep issues
Anorexia and Bulimia
Anorexia is getting a lot of attention these days, especially because of the recent tragedies in the modeling industry. Dr. Robin Miller reviews this eating disorder so that you can have all the facts.
* Society's pressure to be thin
* Signs of anorexia and bulimia
* How eating disorders affect your body
Depression - Do You Have it?
How do you know if you're depressed or just sad? Dr. Robin Miller asks all the right questions to help you figure it out.
* How to determine if you might be depressed
* Treatments for depression
* Where to find help
Prescription Drugs can be Abused, too
Drug abuse doesn't always refer to illegal street drugs; if used improperly, even prescription medication can be abused. In this episode, Dr. Robin Miller reviews the potential dangers these medications can bring:
* Popularly misused medicines
* How to know if you or someone you know is addicted
* The importance of safe choices
When Should I see a Dermatologist for my Acne
There are so many products out there to treat acne. How do you know if you should take care of the problem yourself or go see a doctor? Dr. Robin Miller is here to give you the facts in this week's show!
*Acne medications available over the counter (at the store)
* Straight forward skin care for acne prone skin
* When to make the decision to see a dermatologist
Am I in a Healthy Relationship?
When you're swept up in the emotions of a relationship, it can be hard to tell if you're in a situation that is good for you. Dr. Robin Miller asks important questions to help you to determine if you should stay or go.
* 6 questions to determine if your relationship is healthy
* Warning signs of an unhealthy relationship
* How to make the most out of your teen years
Second Hand Smoke
Most people are aware of second hand smoke, but do you know that breathing it in can be just as bad or worse than smoking? Find out the facts from Dr. Robin Miller:
* Chemicals in second hand smoke
* Health problems caused by second hand smoke
* What to do if you're with a smoker
It's known as the kissing disease, but what else do you know about Mononucleosis? Dr. Robin Miller will give you the facts and let you know how to cope if you've got it.
* Symptoms of Mononucleosis
* How the virus is spread
* What to do if you have it
Diet Trends: Help or Hype?
Hearing about a new diet trend every week makes it confusing to know how to eat healthfully. Dr. Robin Miller reviews popular diets and gives sound advice on the best diet choices for a teen's body.
* Pros and Cons of current popular diets
*Healthy tips to lose or maintain your weight
Sports Drinks and Supplements for Teen Athletes: To Choose or Not to Choose?
It's easy to be tempted by the claims promised by the many sports supplements and energy drinks available on the market. But, will these tonics actually help or hurt a teen athlete? Dr. Robin Miller discusses the best way to prepare your body to perform at its peek.
* Nutritional needs of a teen athlete
* How to maintain proper hydration
* Potential dangers of sports supplements, bars, and drinks
Dr. Robin Miller reviews the causes of acne and gives the do's and don'ts on how to care for acne prone skin.
* The triggers of acne
* Tips to minimize breakouts
* Review of available over-the-counter products
Stress and the Bod
Stress is a part of life, so it's important to know how to deal with it in a healthy way. Find out what Dr. Robin Miller has to say about coping with stress in order to avoid its nasty side effects.
* Effects of long-term stress on the body
* How to avoid becomming over-stressed
* Tips to alleviate the stress you have
How to Lose Weight the Safe Way
Losing weight is only half the battle. Dr. Robin Miller discusses how to diet smart so that the weight comes of safely and for good.
* How to determine if you are overweight or obese
* The most important factors for a healthy, successful diet
* Foods and habits to avoid if you are watching your weight
* Positive changes you can make to control your calorie intake
This week Dr. Robin Miller reviews a problem every teen has to tackle: body odor! Find out where is that stench coming from and what you can do about it.
* What causes body odor
* Activities to avoid if you're a chronic sweater
* Tips for controlling body odor
Dr. Robin Miller discusses the obesity epidemic in our country that is now spreading to teens. Find out what you can do to live healthfully and prevent the early onset of many diseases.
* How to determine if you are obese
* Exercise and diet advice for those who are overweight
Tattoos and Piercing
This week Dr. Robin Miller discusses the popular trend of tattoos and piercing. Find out what you need to know before going under the needle!
* Things to know before selecting a tattoo or piercing parlor
* How to care for a new tattoo or piercing
* What to do if you get an infection
Everyone knows that tanning can lead to dangerous consequences down the road, but that doesn't stop us from seeking out that golden glow. Dr. Robin Miller talks about how to achieve the summer color you want without the risk.
* How sunless tanners work
* Which types to try and which to avoid
* The best way to achieve natural looking color
* Important sun safety information